Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    ps and can someone show me a picture of solid infill from s3d ?
    Still can't get it and it still has almost zero strength for things attached to flat surfaces, they just snap off with almost no effort.
    This is because the only thing holding them on is the shell, the infill just adds a little comression strength, but bugger all else.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Yep, that was just added in the last month or so. I usually print at 10 support, 0, 45, 90. Then do 3 layers of 80%
    After some testing on this light cover I have been making a bunch of, I think anything over 1 "dense layer" would be overkill. I tried one with 5 layers at 80%, and it was quite hard to get the support removed, and watching it print the first layer of the dense layers, it printed just fine and flat. So I printed another with 1 dense layer, 75%, and it worked great. Still a little rough to get all the support off, but maybe some more testing.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Ya, increase your upper separation layers to 1 or 2. Not sure where you have that at, and horizontal separation is good at .25.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    ps and can someone show me a picture of solid infill from s3d ?
    Still can't get it and it still has almost zero strength for things attached to flat surfaces, they just snap off with almost no effort.
    This is because the only thing holding them on is the shell, the infill just adds a little comression strength, but bugger all else.
    This is with 250% infill extrusion width and 40% outline Overlap. 20% Interior Fill. It is very solid. Its 1 inch by 1 inch.

Attached Images Attached Images

Ah so you have to make the infill much wider so it actually sticks to the layer below.

Okay I'll try that.
    Cheers :-)

Engineer
    caa, yes thie infill extrusion width setting is more like infill extrusion multiplier. it increases the flow rate on the infill so it bonds with the layer below

makes sense, I'll definitely try it.

Super Moderator
    Solid infill isn't anything but full layer on top of full layer at whatever angles you define.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Solid infill isn't anything but full layer on top of full layer at whatever angles you define.
    Say I use like 10% infill on something, but I want it to have clean bottom layers (like the new infill dense support options) would my only option be to increase the bottom solid layers?

Super Moderator
    On one product I make I have bottom solids set to 6 because the bottom is flat and 1.2mm I don't want it to do 2 layers then try do do some infill, then solid layers again. For other products I am usually at 2 or 3 for solid bottom layers, maybe 4 if I am doing my infill at 4 angles.

Dense support just affects supports, it doesn't have anything to do with infill on the actual object.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast