Close

Hybrid View

I hate the purge simplify does before printing. I love the way RepG feeds a little pool onto the corner then continues feeding the filament out while traveling to your part.

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    I loved that too...which is why I do a couple rounds of a skirt. Gets rid of any hangies.

Quote Originally Posted by lucidpsykosis View Post
    I loved that too...which is why I do a couple rounds of a skirt. Gets rid of any hangies.

After hours of trying different codes I did get simplify to do a pool in the corner and lay down a line to the part, but only for the one part.
    Problem is, simplify puts in its code after the initial start code which kills the code I put in the start code. Doh!

So I went in and deleted the purge, and like you, I just let it do a skirt to get the flow we need.

Quote Originally Posted by 34Ford View Post
    After hours of trying different codes I did get simplify to do a pool in the corner and lay down a line to the part, but only for the one part.
    Problem is, simplify puts in its code after the initial start code which kills the code I put in the start code. Doh!

So I went in and deleted the purge, and like you, I just let it do a skirt to get the flow we need.
    If you want it to save your changes to the profile so it'll do that same purge every time, you'd have to select "Update Profile", near the top.

Quote Originally Posted by 34Ford View Post
    I hate the purge simplify does before printing. I love the way RepG feeds a little pool onto the corner then continues feeding the filament out while traveling to your part.
    I love this too...

I need to find what the gcode is to get that back in Simplify3D... I still have not started using it (bought it on Sep 5th)... still using ReplicatorG

I have been reading the manual... and reading the tips on the forum. Learned to day that I can remove/modify the amount and location of the supports. This is great.
    I need to get off my as* and get the darn software configure/fine-tuned to my printer. Default settings were definitely not optimal... reason why I went back to ReplicatorG to finish what I was doing. And also, doing this at 3am is not the best time to think clearly, lol.