Close

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar

different gcode to x3g convertor

So I was looking around the knp website - I'm not convinced I'll actually get the printer I won, but I did find a gcode to x3g convertor. Which if nothing else proves the knp is a standard makerbot clone.
    http://knp3d.com/software/#knp3dconverter

I presume it's a gpx hack. But it's what knp use to convert slic3r files to x3g. Has to be worth a try right :-)
    if it'll take any gcode file from any slicer tht'd be even better.
    Might be worth downloading slic3r off the knp website as well, as they might have added some custom profiles.
    I'll try it later, no time now.

Senior Engineer
    Hmm, no Linux version.

Why do they use X3G anyway. I am seriously considering putting Marlin on my Wanhao, sick of this X3G crap that isn't necessary.

they use it to tie you to their software. That way they can claim opensource but still use propriatory software :-)

If you want a windows disc drop me your address :-)

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post

If you want a windows disc drop me your address :-)
    You're not palming your crap onto me, I have enough crap already.

thanks for the share

Maybe off-topic but I could never get gpx to work. Now I just use RepG whenever I muck about with Slic3r (which isn't often as I just cannot get good prints from it). Downloading their converter now to see what it can do.

Senior Engineer
    Me neither, I tried really hard but got nowhere and the author never responded to my pleas for help. Pretty much settled on Cura and repg for converting. Eventually I will have to try simplify3d or curious Aardvark is never going to stop bleating.

I tried Cura. Looks ok. Don't have time to fiddle about with g-code though so in the end I left it.

lol you mean - shock horror - windose !

I've had my FFCP for a few weeks now. I fought with gpx, but eventually got it working. and it works great.
    I have slic3r running a custom wrapper i wrote that converts the gcode to x3g.
    I also have octoprint working on a raspberry pi that uses a gpx conversion.

So i can export from slic3r direct to x3g/laptop/sd card or directly to the my octoprint server.

happy to share if anyone is interested.