Close

roadmap and next step from the supporters

I am sorry if this has already come up but I could not find anything about it.
    What are the steps from the supporters?
    As everyone I have supported this printer and I am waiting for the finished product to be shipped.
    I had supported it with 250,- (just as an exampel)
    1 Printer
    1 resin
    1 whatever
    1 shipping
    1 whatever to come up to 250,-
    … I can’t remember

1. What is the next step?
    2. When is the ETA? What is your roadmap?
    3. Do I have to list the items of what I originally wanted (over a year ago) or do you still have the list of every supporter?
    4. Can I add items?
    5. What about the idea of a clear resin with different dyes?

Thank you for your help.

Technician
    You can logon to https://peachyprinterks.backerkit.com using your kickstarter email address to see what you ordered, so I'd assume that peachyprinter has all of that info too. I think all we need to do is wait

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    I'm pretty sure there is already a webshop that the beta testers are using to order supplies and new parts. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that once peachy goes live/gold and we get sent ours that webshop will be open to everyone. I think you can upgrade your pledge (to a degree) on backerkit.

As for ETA... Seems like it's going to be pretty soon (march?). Ryan seemed to be hinting that the printer was working as well as they'd like and they were working on getting it from a hacked bundle of wires and junk into a real product in a sexy box.

I've just looked back over that and I've used so many weasel words that -I- don't even trust what I'm saying! Knowing this forum though it'll be a matter of hours before someone at peachy weighs in with the official response

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    I've just checked my Backerkit and my add-ons are locked. I don't remember if I locked it or if it's a timed thing. I was hoping to see what kind of mount, reservoir and build area they were going to offer before deciding to make my own or not.

Not too fussed if I've missed my chance at that though. I think I can build something cool myself.

Peachy Printer Founder
    The last time we estimated when we would start shipping we said march.

Me and Nathan and a few others just filmed a hardware update that talks about the newest hardware and the work left before we focus on shipping.
    It will be on the crowd funding sites after its been cut and edited.
    We definitely still have the complete list of people we need to ship to!

It has been quite some time since people first ordered the printer and the printer is working far better than most people would have reasonably expected it to so we are talking about giving people the option to add to there order at the time they confirm there shipping address.

Oh Just realized that you actually gave me a specific numbered list of questions, thats how I like asking questions too
    Ill continue and answer them one at a time.....

1. What is the next step? --> testing/ printing with what we hope is the first ship-able revision of the peachy printer.
    2. When is the ETA? --> Around March
    3. What is your roadmap? --> test final design, order parts, ship printers, improve usability via software updates into the future
    4. Do I have to list the items of what I originally wanted (over a year ago) or do you still have the list of every supporter? --> we still have the list we may give you the option to add to it.
    5. Can I add items? --> I hope so, were working on a solution for this, There will certainly be an online store available to those who have received a printer.
    6. What about the idea of a clear resin with different dyes? --> I love this idea we are working toward offering a dye pack so you can mix your own colors but its not ready yet. Its not quite as simple as just sending you dye as some of the dyes are so strong that it takes less that a drip to color a litre of resin, to deal with that we plan to dilute some of the dyes with resin so you have an easier time measuring out the amounts for any given colour your self.

Thanks to everyone who jumped in and replied to this thread so quickly! Your answers were very good and its alwase nice to get a quick response, even if its not and official one.

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    WOO! I was right!

Hey there,
    thank you everyone for the fast response.

3dspider your link was very helpful so I could add the necessary information.

Chayat your information was right but it helped that rylan confirmed it and answered the missing information.

My 3 kids and of course myself are really looking forward to this printer and hope you can give further information regarding the status of the dyes before the shipping starts so we (or better I) can change our (or better my) list and add dyes and clear resin to save shipping cost ;-)

btw nice performance on the TED-Ed video
    Last edited by siscop; 01-15-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post
    The last time we estimated when we would start shipping we said march.

Me and Nathan and a few others just filmed a hardware update that talks about the newest hardware and the work left before we focus on shipping.
    It will be on the crowd funding sites after its been cut and edited.
    We definitely still have the complete list of people we need to ship to!

It has been quite some time since people first ordered the printer and the printer is working far better than most people would have reasonably expected it to so we are talking about giving people the option to add to there order at the time they confirm there shipping address.

Oh Just realized that you actually gave me a specific numbered list of questions, thats how I like asking questions too
    Ill continue and answer them one at a time.....

1. What is the next step? --> testing/ printing with what we hope is the first ship-able revision of the peachy printer.
    2. When is the ETA? --> Around March
    3. What is your roadmap? --> test final design, order parts, ship printers, improve usability via software updates into the future
    4. Do I have to list the items of what I originally wanted (over a year ago) or do you still have the list of every supporter? --> we still have the list we may give you the option to add to it.
    5. Can I add items? --> I hope so, were working on a solution for this, There will certainly be an online store available to those who have received a printer.
    6. What about the idea of a clear resin with different dyes? --> I love this idea we are working toward offering a dye pack so you can mix your own colors but its not ready yet. Its not quite as simple as just sending you dye as some of the dyes are so strong that it takes less that a drip to color a litre of resin, to deal with that we plan to dilute some of the dyes with resin so you have an easier time measuring out the amounts for any given colour your self.

Thanks to everyone who jumped in and replied to this thread so quickly! Your answers were very good and its alwase nice to get a quick response, even if its not and official one.

At what point along this roadmap would you say that all backers will get forum access?
    Can't wait for the next update to see how things are progressing!