Close

Thread: Kossel Pro

Hybrid View

Technologist
    The forces behind the Kossel Pro have proved to be a huge disappointment to the community. Documentation is very poor, there has never been a BOM released and updates and communication are few and far between. The printer itself was over a year late and there are still folks waiting for their assembled kickstarter printers. Users are bricking boards and breaking parts due an unbelievable lack of support. If you read their forums you will find folks whose printers have been down for months waiting for replacement parts or even an answer to their inquiries. While my printer is doing great, I came into it with a lot of experience building and operating 3d printers and relied much less on the company to help me. In good conscience I cannot recommend this printer or company to anybody.

Follow ChopOMatic On Twitter Add ChopOMatic on Facebook Add ChopOMatic on Google+ Add ChopOMatic on Thingiverse
    I finished assembling mine earlier this evening. It was late so I haven't powered it up yet. Kdog, you happen to know of any good startup instrux out there from the community? There's literally nothing from OpenBeam. BTW, it was the very end of the build when I noticed that they didn't include either a power cord or a USB cable. I have plenty of both so it won't slow me down, but I find it unthinkable to sell a $1300 device and not include a power cord.

I complained about the poor documentation on the OB board and Terence responded that build instructions were a lower priority than instructions for startup, calibration, etc. On one hand, I see his point since there are NO startup and calibration instructions, LOL. OTOH, any kind of kit without clear instructions is an incomplete product, plain and simple. That's triple true when it's a kit that requires tedious assembly and significant precision. I should've researched a bit more before the buy. If I'd known that the company was two guys doing this on evenings and weekends, I probably wouldn't have bought.

All that said, I can't wait to fire her up tomorrow. I do love the quality parts and the very solid way it all came together.