Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Hybrid View

I am building a bq ciclop with self-sourced parts rather than a kit. Does anyone know of a forum/support group covering the ciclop? Also I notice there are some screenshots of a windows version of horus - where do I download that from? Links please? I can only find the source code and having real difficulty compiling a package.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by maddavo View Post
    I am building a bq ciclop with self-sourced parts rather than a kit. Does anyone know of a forum/support group covering the ciclop? Also I notice there are some screenshots of a windows version of horus - where do I download that from? Links please? I can only find the source code and having real difficulty compiling a package.
    It looks like there is not an exe and is relying on cygwin to get it to work. Unfortunetly for me cygwin has been a crapshoot. I am hoping I can run it on a pi3 with ubuntu mate.

-Bruno M.

Hi there,

I can't get my ciclop to scan. I am having trouble with the auto check and calibration.
    I get these error messages. I am using horus software.

Auto check - Check Motor Direction and Pattern Position and try Again.
    Calibration - Laser Calibration failed. Please try again.

I am using Ardruino Uno and Zum Scan Boards.
    I will be thankful for your help.

Regards,

waqz36

Technologist
    Well, I gave up on the Cyclop and sold it. I just couldn't get a decent scan from it, no matter what I tried.
    I've tried a few laser scanners and none of them produced results I would consider useable.
    I now have an Einscan-s which uses structured light scanning, the difference in scan quality and speed is spectacular !
    Admittedly, it's quite a bit more expensive but worth it for the ease of use and incredible scan detail, imo.
    Last edited by scobo; 04-18-2016 at 02:15 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456