Close

First Beta Versions of M3D's Micro Ship for Testing

There have been lots of attempts to gather funds to develop 3D printer technology through Kickstarter, but few of them have garnered the kind of over-the-top, cash-money love generated by M3D and their "The Micro." By the time it was over, the campaign had been backed by nearly 12,000 crowdfunders to the tune of more than $3 million. Now the first beta versions of "The Micro" have been released. You can read the whole story and see one at work here: http://3dprint.com/35718/kickstarter-monster-the-micro/

Below is a look at The Micro:

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so how does it print abs without a heated bed ?

CubeX prints ABS (albeit not very well) without a heated bed...

Hi Im new to 3DP and just received my M3D printer- but no software. Could not find any link on their website though FAQ states SW will be provided with shipment..How do I proceed to print STL files created?

I think you'll have to get it directly from M3D (email them) - they've been very protective of only releasing the software to people (like you) who have received their printers.

Would love to see some photos of your printer! How's it look?

Its working!

Thanks for the reassuring note. I did hear back within 2 hours from the M3D team with a downloadable link, in response to my email on a Saturday, which left me very impressed.
    Setup and installation was simple (within 15 mins) and am now printing my first 3D file using a PLA filament. Will post my comments and experience on completion of this job..estimated 6.5 hours!
    Heres a pic of my M3D Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck View Post
    I think you'll have to get it directly from M3D (email them) - they've been very protective of only releasing the software to people (like you) who have received their printers.

Would love to see some photos of your printer! How's it look?
    Attached Images Attached Images

awesome to hear! Keep us updated i'm very interested!

Student
    Add icanthinkofanid on Thingiverse
    I am glad to hear others are now getting theirs and it's going well for them...