Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    wow that doesn't look right!

I'm interested in the mechanical properties of this stuff, with it having copper powder added does this make the melting point higher (thinking it might be a better thermal conductor??)? What about strength/flexibility etc?

Engineer
    well its copper with pla binder so temps are all the same as regular pla. the roll i have here is quite brittle. no real flexibility.

Hi jimc,

Sorry for the copper spool. I will report this to our QC department to find out the reason. I guess that's because the percentage of copper powder is high. As to this flawed spool, we will send you another spool for replacement asap.

Engineer
    thank you echo for the god service. i can confirm it does have a ton of copper in it. i sent you a pm with my shipping info.

Hot off the printer, no cleanup yet. My wife loves the things I print with this stuff. I've been printing things at .2mm layer height and not smoothing them out at all (rather just cleaning up the little threads here and there) because I like that it looks like the things are made out of copper wire. I could just as easily get a better finish, but for now, I'm liking this texture with this particular product...

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123