Close

Threaded View

Professor Farnsworth - need help with print direction

First of all I'm a total 3D printing newbie. I like to print my interpretation of Professor Farnsworth of Futurama:

Now, I don't know what the best direction is to print him?
    A or B:

Or maybe a C?
    Note that I still want to make his neck end flat which can also be in a different angle and the neck can also be stretched for it. I don't want to actually rotate his neck different though. The glasses I want to print separate with a slight a transparent material, maybe even make it possible to put little lights in them. Not sure if should also print the temples of the eyeglasses separate.

I'm using a cheap UP! Mini printer, I want to print in the maximum size which 12x12x12cm, min layer height is: 0.02mm. I would then use Meshmixer to make a default 0.2 mm shell and let it generate supports. I did some other heads with a 0.2mm shell successfully but those had a clear upwards stand. Also, hopefully it doesn't get already smoothed out a lot in Meshmixer. All those heavy wrinkles/folds are a big problem I guess. The Up Mini can also do a grid filling with a density that can be defined.
    Last edited by Davision; 01-06-2015 at 08:59 AM.