Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Add sds2k on Facebook Add sds2k on Google+
    I was able to get this figured out last night. I think it was just a software issue. ReplicatorG just does not make it easy to control the extruders separately. I downloaded Makerware from Makerbot and it had all the options that I needed to solve my problem. My prints are looking better using Makerware also. Go Figure. O well, thanks for the input guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sds2k View Post
    I was able to get this figured out last night. I think it was just a software issue. ReplicatorG just does not make it easy to control the extruders separately. I downloaded Makerware from Makerbot and it had all the options that I needed to solve my problem. My prints are looking better using Makerware also. Go Figure. O well, thanks for the input guys.

Hi sds2k,

I know this post is a couple of years old now but I just got the monoprice dual extrusion printer myself and am having the same issue. It seems like the firmware on the printer is incompatible with the current version of makerware. I also found some articles that said that I can damage the printer with the wrong dual-extrusion file, so I am hesitant...

Does Makerware still work for you? which version of makerware are you using, and which version of the firmware do you have on your printer?

Thanks much!