Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacojoe View Post
    In in my case I changed the tolerance from .15mm to .5mm. Printed the bearing, and BAM! Bearing worked perfectly right off the print bed.
    There is a youtube video out there that suggests using a hammer on the (non modified) print. A series of tapping around the circumference and a work in time will help make it smoother.
    As to using a customizer on thingiverse, not creating a login will not allow the use of the customizer tool, nor will it show during browsing (as a guest).

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the original gear bearing on thingiverse is a bastard. You need a drill to get it unstuck in the first place. then a mate of mine spent 2 weeks with dentist tools making it run smoothly.
    Some of the customised things also have the .scad files which you can download without signing in.

For the second and third gear bearing I downloaded the .scad file and adjusted the gap. .25, spins quite well, but .35 spins like a demon right from the get go.
    Possibly a little loose. Next time I'll use 0.3mm which should be ideal.

Now the thing that's a real bastard to print is the secret heart box. I've managed to print 2 succesfully. Next time I'll enlarge the file by about 10% which should make the gaps big enough to print without welding together.
    Did that with the lefabb shop robot. Printed perfectly first time.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    I swear, this thread keeps changing from having a dozen posts on two pages, to having only four posts on one page, to having a dozen posts on one page.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12