Close

Designer 3D Prints a Transparent Combination Lock

Missouri-based Instructables contributor “Rob K” created a 3D printed, fully functional combination lock. A design student, this clever maker was inspired to produce the model for a 3D modeling course in which he’s enrolled at the University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg, Missouri. The model, which is about 2 ½” tall, has all of the components of a standard combination lock but is not contained within a casing, so you can see how such locks actually operate, which was the object of the project rather than putting the lock to practical use. Check out more details: http://3dprint.com/32661/3d-printed-combination-lock/

Below is a photo of the completed 3D printed lock:

Dimensions / plans....?

Brian,

I was planning on having my CAD students do a similar project. I have the woodworking plans... but I was looking for something a little different, and I came across your post. I was wondering if you would be willing you share you plans that you used to create this print?
    I would like to have my students create each individual part using CAD software, and then use our 3D printer to print and assemble. If you were able to send me the dimensions or plans you used, it would save me a lot of time.

Thanks for your consideration!

Mr. K

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Missouri-based Instructables contributor “Rob K” created a 3D printed, fully functional combination lock. A design student, this clever maker was inspired to produce the model for a 3D modeling course in which he’s enrolled at the University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg, Missouri. The model, which is about 2 ½” tall, has all of the components of a standard combination lock but is not contained within a casing, so you can see how such locks actually operate, which was the object of the project rather than putting the lock to practical use. Check out more details: http://3dprint.com/32661/3d-printed-combination-lock/

Below is a photo of the completed 3D printed lock: