Close

Hybrid View

Engineer
    The 2 roll's I got with flashforge worked pretty good. I am not fond of the size of the actual spool though, it's quite big.

I've ordered about 5 spools from Hatchbox since then. The price is cheap, most of the color's have Amazon prime free 2 day shipping (if you have Amazon prime) and I have had no problem's really!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_in...&node=16310091

Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    The 2 roll's I got with flashforge worked pretty good. I am not fond of the size of the actual spool though, it's quite big.

I've ordered about 5 spools from Hatchbox since then. The price is cheap, most of the color's have Amazon prime free 2 day shipping (if you have Amazon prime) and I have had no problem's really!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_in...&node=16310091
    I've gotten a bunch of both ABS and PLA from Hatchbox, including some of the more "specialty" filaments, like glow in the dark, transparent, gold, and a bronze-ish color. I buy them through Amazon; with Prime they're $26/roll, free two day shipping. All of them have worked great with my Dreamer. They don't fit on the internal spool reels, but I just bought $10 worth of pipe fittings from Home Depot and built a spool mount that sits behind the Dreamer.

I looked briefly at a site called Cheap3DFilaments or something like that, but I didn't see anything at a better price than what I've gotten from Hatchbox.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DrUsual View Post
    I've gotten a bunch of both ABS and PLA from Hatchbox, including some of the more "specialty" filaments, like glow in the dark, transparent, gold, and a bronze-ish color. I buy them through Amazon; with Prime they're $26/roll, free two day shipping. All of them have worked great with my Dreamer. They don't fit on the internal spool reels, but I just bought $10 worth of pipe fittings from Home Depot and built a spool mount that sits behind the Dreamer.

I looked briefly at a site called Cheap3DFilaments or something like that, but I didn't see anything at a better price than what I've gotten from Hatchbox.
    Yep, I plan on buying some specialty filament's through a few other company's but I think I will stick with Hatchbox for my normal color's and such. I also got their glow in the dark, love it! Some of the price's are even around $20-22 for a spool, with free 2 day shipping with Prime.

My local Microcenter carries inland brand for $15 per roll. Seems to be working OK so far.

I thought I saw an ad showing filament at Radio Shack -- I'm going to stop by there today and see if they actually have it in stock; it never occurred to me that any place would carry it brick and mortar. (So far. Give it a few years...)