Hey guys I need your help.

Printing PLA
Cura slicer
less then 50mm/s typically

I have a pretty generic printer, plastic scribbler asterid 2200.
It is a great little printer but it has been jamming on me lately. Every print, about 15 minutes into the print the drive motor begins to cog and then BAM, failed print.

It feels as though the nozzle clogs itself up, because I can pause the print and I cant push filament through the hot end by hand. The filament just gets grinded up by the pinchwheel if i try to extrude using my interface.

So I pull the filament out mid print (paused) and I break the end off, and re-insert it. Lo and behold, clog is completely gone? Filament pushes through with two fingers of pressure, easy. Its almost like this is a ghost clog, it comes mid print and then goes away when I pause it and re-insert the filament.

I cleaned the hot end with music wire, I inspected every angle of this device and everything looks clear. I changed nothing about the printer, it has remained in operation for about a month with nearly flawless prints except for this one issue that just started 2 days ago.

I spoke to Tim the owner of plastic scribbler and he is very nice and is trying to walk me through this. Maybe you guys have some ideas.

Notes:

Direct drive extruder, uses all metal hot end.
Print temp 220-235 depending what I am printing (I know this sounds high but Tim told me to run 235 because he knows his machines).
Ran slightly cooler to see if heat is causing melted plastic to form inside the hot end, no success, same problem.
I cleaned the pinchwheel, thought that could be it, no changes.
Cleaned the nozzle with music wire, thoroughly, no long term clogs observed

Problem shows up predictably at the 15 minute mark of any print, the ghost doesnt care what I print.

Synopsis:

Mid print clog, I hear drive motor skipping (sounds like load on motor), pause print, break filament end off, re-insert, print resumes fine. Any ideas?

Thank you