I had an issue with the graphic display as well. I tried swapping the cable back and forth a couple of times and it didn't do anything for me. I ended up flashing the firmware as well and after that it worked for me. Reading the build guide led me to believe the firmware was already flashed to the board, but maybe this is not the case. Or at least the firmware loaded doesn't play well with our lcd.

If I remember correctly, there isn't much you can shave off before getting to the mounting holes, but there is about a 1/4" lip on the wooden plate that extends below the rambo board. Like I said, I used 2 spacers on the relay (on the bottom bolts) that were the same thickness as the wooden plate so the upper edge of my relay rests on the wooden plate. With both the rambo and the relay on the same plane, there is about 1/8" gab in between them, so as long as everything was mounted snugly, I don't think you would encounter an accidental short.

layout.jpg

In the image, the wooden plate to the right is what is displayed in the video and looks like it would solve the issue. I may remove my plate at some point and remove that small strip of wood along the bottom so I don't have to use those spacers anymore.

I started printing the test cube and it got about 50% of the way done when it stopped feeding plastic. The extruder gear was moving, but no filament was coming out. I pulled out the filament and hobbed bolt wore down the side of the filament. I assume this means I have a clog in the Hexagon hotend so I'll have to figure out what I need to do to fix it.