Close

Printing trouble (most likely leave long the bed)

Hello, I just friend printing a 2hr print with supports and my support plate started to get stringy and messed up (check pics). I noticed that the left extruded at one point knocked the support plate and brought a tiny bit of plastic up so I think that might be the problem. I've been having a little but of trouble in regards to leveling the build plate. Anyone know what's wrong? Is it the build plate? If so what's the correct way to adjust and set it?

thankyou for any help in advance!

-Trench
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician
    Easiest way to level the bed is get a piece of standard A4 paper, place it on the bed, home axes from the menu on the printer and then move the print head around by hand over the piece of paper. You can also use the built in bed levelling wizard which will move the head for you - on Sailfish firmware its the manual process of moving the head which I find easier to deal with.
    I usually do all four corners first.
    Move head to the first corner.
    Place paper under the nozzle.
    Adjust the screw in that corner (be sure to let go of the screw between adjustments and that you are not applying any weight with your hand to the bed itself - as this will affect your settings) and then move the paper back and forward on the bed until the paper just starts to drag, then back it off a touch so that it JUST moves without dragging.
    Repeat for all four corners.
    Then I usually check adjustment at the front and rear mid point just to be sure.

If one of your heads is bashing into the plastic left by the other head, then it could be that your nozzles are at different heights (not unusual, there are a few posts on here with much the same thing of badly setup nozzles from factory assembly).