Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by N5QM View Post
    I am working through the stepper driver adjustments and have done them all except the extruder at this point.

My point in sharing that is to say that I am amazed at how much quieter they run when being driven properly!
    do you have rambo board? im also trying to get the "right" values for stepper current . my printer is very noisy but increasing the current only seems to get it worse for me . im currently at {110,110,135,120,100}.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuete View Post
    do you have rambo board? im also trying to get the "right" values for stepper current . my printer is very noisy but increasing the current only seems to get it worse for me . im currently at {110,110,135,120,100}.
    I realize the question is directed at N5QM, but try reducing the drive current instead. As you are finding, increasing the motor drive current will increase the noise. To determine an "adequate" drive level, you can either start at minimum and increase the drive until the motor no longer skips, or start high and decrease the drive until it starts to skip. Then increase the drive current some from that setting in order to provide some margin.

But yeah, if N5QM or anyone else has figured out their digital values for use on RAMBO adjusted this way, go ahead and post them.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuete View Post
    No sir, I am using a RAMPS board, so wouldn't be of much help with a RAMBO. I did notice a substantial difference in volume, especially on the Z axis.