Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Shutting this one down :-) time to start up the 12" build thread

Edit: cant close thread for whatever reason...

Either way im good with continuing the conversation here or elsewhere

Technologist
    i agree with everything about that.. stuff involved with my project will for now will be part of my build log..
    but in the USA CC and open source seam to mean nothing just look at what happen to bukkit server it took forever to get that fixed
    and yes i play minecraft but only when i can't sleep i design stuff with redstone so sue me lol

as a side note what i mean by saying i will NOT give out any cad files. is i will not give out the org files or org spec that colin has put his work into
    this means nothing for modded files i plain on modding a lot of things and posting the modded files on GrabCAD/Thingiverse
    this is a hobby whats the point if you can't share it.
    i even plain on offering metal frame kits soon for the 8" and 12" i3v's at some point soon
    witch i will post the DXF files for so others with water jet machines can make them..

I took the top piece of the right hand Z-axis assembly (where the screw that sets the Z-axis limit position) from my printer, scanned it and used the scan to make an stl file that I could print.

I'm also working on a mod to the front of the left hand Z-axis assembly which will allow the servo motor from the self-leveling probe move further to the left so that I get my full X-axis travel back.

Z-axis bearing plate LHS.jpg

I'm going to post the stl file for that mod here, because although it will be freely available, the people who see it are more-or-less family. I don't see that as undermining Colin's effort in creating the cutting files for his business.

OME

Engineer
    Is it okay to take a closed format file and convert it like that? I don't know how this DRM stuff works.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234