Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Riskerbus View Post
    What's to stop anyone from copying items that manufacturers have patented? Pretty much nothing
    While usually I don't have that much faith in humanity as a whole, I think that just this once, we might be able to trust the populace not to take it that far.

Personally, I would be using it to make models of household items just for fun. It's really not that practical because it can only scan such small things. I think that when we are able to scan things that are a few feet tall, and equally as long and wide, then we might have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAlabaster View Post
    While usually I don't have that much faith in humanity as a whole, I think that just this once, we might be able to trust the populace not to take it that far..
    Unfortunately I can't agree with this. Everyone is out to make money now a days. It might not be the case for the main populace in the 3D printing industry, but once the greedy businessmen get wind of how much money can be made by copying objects and reprinting them, there will be a lot of issues unfortunately.