Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Totally feels like wood when it's done, sands like wood, paints like wood
    Can a Makergear M2 print this filament?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by aeviaanah View Post
    Can a Makergear M2 print this filament?
    Try this link...

@Egon, no I wouldnt go that high, although they say 180-230c melting point, I found more than 200c made it too squishy and had feed problems. around 200c and 80mx feed seemed to be a good combo.

Technician
    I think most of my problems are in getting it to stick on the build platform. Might I ask what do you use as thickness for your first layer? And do you use your heated bed for Lay-Wood?

Quote Originally Posted by Egon van Engelen View Post
    I think most of my problems are in getting it to stick on the build platform. Might I ask what do you use as thickness for your first layer? And do you use your heated bed for Lay-Wood?
    I just tried this stuff the other day, and have had the same issue. It won't stick to my build plate at all! I don't know if I should be using a different type of coating on my plate or what....

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Egon van Engelen View Post
    Whatever Replicator G's default is, I haven't messed with it, I generally print with 1 shell with the wood filament.. I can't say it gave me much trouble on the flashforge, the only problem I have with it is the price. I set my bed to around 70c and the extruder to 200 and that seems to get it going in a nice shade. 70c even for the bed is a little high, I find if I set it too low tho, the starting layer wont stick well enough.

Be aware it will melt at 180-190c, and that will give you that light shade of wood. Basically, 180c is light shade of wood, 230c is a dark shade, personally it extrudes funny for me at 230, so I go 200-210c