Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DIMA 3D Introduces new DIMAFIX Adhesion Spray

No one likes having their 3D printed objects warp or stick to the print bed; the latest product on the market to avoid unfortunate misprints and sticks is DIMAFIX, introduced by Spain-based DIMA 3D. DIMAFIX is an adhesive spray intended to help 3D prints of thermoplastic materials on FFF-based 3D printers with hot print beds. The adhesive sticks at temperatures of over 50º C and can be removed (without tools!) as the temperature lowers. Each can contains 400 mL of product, enough for more than 100 uses. Check out more details: http://3dprint.com/28003/dimafix-adhesive-spray/

Have you tried DIMA 3D's latest product? How did it work? Was it worth the price? Let's hear your thoughts on this new adhesion spray.

Engineer-in-Training
    They don't compare their product against hair spray, so I wonder if that's what it really is. If it was notably better than hair spray, then they'd say so. Most, if not all, of the claimed properties are also properties of hair spray.
    Last edited by JRDM; 12-02-2014 at 08:04 AM.

I was just curious... if you rip their label off the can, does it say "Aqua Net" underneath?

Quote Originally Posted by JRDM View Post
    They don't compare their product against hair spray, so I wonder if that's what it really is. If it was notably better than hair spray, then they'd say so. Most, if not all, of the claimed properties are also properties of hair spray.
    It is not a hair spray (we cover all the bets against). It is a completely new product specifically designed for 3D printers, and the real performance has nothing to do with common hairspray. We prefer that users do the real comparison, which will be more credible that our statements.

Student
    Kind of sounds like a messy spray version of Wolfbite, of which I wonder if that stuff is just the liquid hairspray from those finger pump hairspray bottles.

* I say that with a bit of sarcasm, it definitely reacts differently then any hairspray I have used.

Thanks for your interest and your comments.

If you are interested in doing a review of DIMAFIX, please, let us know. First, please write a post in this forum and confirm you will share your experience here at least, and second, send us a private email with your data. Experienced reviewers from different geographic points worldwide are specially welcome. We have a limited number of samples for this.

Will this work with all plastics? Or is it better versed for just PLA, ABS, or whatever? I'm definitely a tinkerer and would be more than willing to write a review here, just be aware that it would be a totally honest review.

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    Will this work with all plastics? Or is it better versed for just PLA, ABS, or whatever? I'm definitely a tinkerer and would be more than willing to write a review here, just be aware that it would be a totally honest review.
    Thanks ssayer,
    We can confirm you can print with PLA, ABS, HIPS, PET, flexible filaments, composite filaments ...
    Comments to improve the current formulation are also welcome. From the user's experience we are sure that the product can be improved.
    Currently we are also testing new plastic formulations: Nylon and other materials that present difficulties in large prints.
    Please, send us a private email or to comercial(at)dima3d.com

Engineer
    3D Lac vs your Dima 3D,

explain why I should buy yours instead of 3D lac.

We don’t like very much to talk about other products/producers. Our policy: only talk about our product and its features. The comparison you’re proposing surely is being done by third parties. What we confirm is that Dimafix provides: strong bond and no warping (during printing with hot bed) and easy removal (once the printing finishes).

We also defend that Dimafix solves the usual limitations of alternative products as Scott J Grunewald has pointed out in his article: http://3dprintingindustry.com/2014/1...pray-adhesive/ “I’m sure a lot of people who print with ABS already use popular methods like blue painters tape or hairspray, but both methods occasionally have issues. Blue tape can often get stuck to the model itself and make removal difficult, while hairspray can make it difficult to remove the model without breakage because depending on the brand being used it can over-adhere to the bed. Dimafix is supposed to allow the model to pop off easily, without any breakage or sticking...”.

Reviews by independent and experienced users are coming... We hope that first customers will also share their experience here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast