Close

Hybrid View

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by JRDM View Post
    Do you have a weight of that whole setup?
    As I was building this and testing it with 'clough42' I was interested in the weight also. I weighed my standard Wade's extruder (Magma hot end) and it was 607 grams. The dual hexagon weighed 701 grams. Not bad to add less then 100 grams to get a dual rig.

One nice side effect I've found is that if I'm careful, I can swap filaments out on the head that's not printing (if I'm not doing a dual head print) and save time. I'm printing with PLA now on my left head and I just switched out the ABS on the right head to nylon without messing up my print. That's nice.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    As I was building this and testing it with 'clough42' I was interested in the weight also. I weighed my standard Wade's extruder (Magma hot end) and it was 607 grams. The dual hexagon weighed 701 grams. Not bad to add less then 100 grams to get a dual rig.

One nice side effect I've found is that if I'm careful, I can swap filaments out on the head that's not printing (if I'm not doing a dual head print) and save time. I'm printing with PLA now on my left head and I just switched out the ABS on the right head to nylon without messing up my print. That's nice.
    OK. I had managed to build a working 600g duallie, but with J-Heads. I have lighter motors to try to reach 500g but I've been just getting my practice and testing in before I built another set. I planned on my second build to have Hexagons and the lighter motors.