Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I did say the manual is useless.

But what i see is you concentrating on things that are not necessary to know the 'why' of.

The brackets are always there and always in the same order. That's all you need to know. Trying to get your head around why there are () brackets after things is pointless. Just type the buggers and move on :-)

Colours ?
    why on earth have you skipped all the useful basics and gone on to colour ?
    That fits into what i like to call the: 'advanced and pointless' category.

You can't designate colours for a multi colour print (well you sort of can, but not in the way most people would think) They are there purely for cosmetic use. So untill you know what you're doing - ignore them.

There's no point injecting unnecessary code into a script when you're learning.

You had already stated that semi-colons come after commands, as well as where brackets are used and why. So I'm not going to repeat it every time I write a script.
    You soon get used to adding the semi-colon.
    I always type the whole command with brackets and semi-colon before adding any numbers.

I assume people start from the beginning of the thread and work their way down. If they choose not to do that - it's not my fault :-)

Hmm, pretty sure the diameter command should work in your version of 'scad. mjoilnir.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 12-01-2014 at 09:53 AM.