Close

Hybrid View

Senior Engineer
    Most people know, they just do not want to upset you.
    The Makerbot 5 is crap with the "smart extruder" being the worst thing about it.

The word "smart" in this instance is nothing to do with intelligence it is because it makes your eyes water, same effect as a kick between the legs.

There are not enough people that own these for a significant amount of help to be available. I am sure someone will offer suggestions of things to try and maybe with some effort, knowledge can be gained that will help others but for now you are stuck with trying to find out.

Having said all that you need to try a flat build plate even if it is only temporary, piece of glass, bathroom tile, polycarbonate. The problem as shown in the pictures can easily be all down to a non-flat build area.

Follow wpilgrim On Twitter Add wpilgrim on Facebook Add wpilgrim on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Most people know, they just do not want to upset you.
    The Makerbot 5 is crap with the "smart extruder" being the worst thing about it.

The word "smart" in this instance is nothing to do with intelligence it is because it makes your eyes water, same effect as a kick between the legs.

There are not enough people that own these for a significant amount of help to be available. I am sure someone will offer suggestions of things to try and maybe with some effort, knowledge can be gained that will help others but for now you are stuck with trying to find out.

Having said all that you need to try a flat build plate even if it is only temporary, piece of glass, bathroom tile, polycarbonate. The problem as shown in the pictures can easily be all down to a non-flat build area.
    What he said, If at all possible I would attempt to return the printer and pick up a different make or model, I love my rep 2, Ultimaker has an amazing printer, lulzbot taz 4 is another stand out. Again I know its not much help but from all everything I have read, even if you discover fixes to these issues, you have a very long annoying road ahead of you when it comes to owning a rep 5th gen...