Close

MakerBot Mobile 1.1 App Released

Today, MakerBot released MakerBot Mobile 1.1 for iOs. The highly anticipated app was announced in June, and launched with promises of many additions yet to come. Today's release adds some interesting, dynamic new features including a new grid layout to browse both Thingiverse and the MakerBot Cloud Library on your iPad. The app is compatible for use on iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches with iOs 7.0 or later. No date has been announced for an Android compatible release, but other updates will surely come along. See more details about this release, as well as some features to come in future updates, in the full article: http://3dprint.com/26156/makerbot-mobile-version-1-1/

Below is a look at the app in use on an iPad. Let us know what you think of this latest update.

I'm running both and the apps arnt that bad. I really want notifications.... specifically when my print stops... so that I can go check on it vs having to look back on the app every few mins.

For all the Android smartphone users who have MakerBot Replicators and have been eagerly awaiting their mobile app, prepare to tap and 3D print away. With the MakerBot Mobile 1.0 app for Android, users can now enjoy further hi-tech convenience directly from their phones, controlling 3D printing from afar to perform basic but crucial tasks such as stopping, starting, and pausing tasks. Users can also pull prints from their saved inventories on their MakerBot Desktop Libraries to 3D print with the app. Finally, MakerBot announces that for all the Thingiverse users, they’ve also released a matching app to be used in tandem for 3D printing models from the popular forum where the making community shares a multitude of new 3D designs. Check out more in the full article: http://3dprint.com/39517/makerbot-mobile-for-android/