Close

Best 3D printer for under 800$

Currently I am looking for a 3d printer of which to ask for Christmas. I am an engineering student and it's just one of our needed tools so to say, lol. I've looked all over the internet and still haven't come up with one to choose. Right now I am stuck at deciding whether a printer with dual extruders is worth it. Printing in two different colors at once may be beneficial at points in time but I would mainly consider the second extruder to supply support material. So it a printer with dual extruders worth it?

My second inquisition, is what printer to actually choose. Right now the printer that looks the best is the Da Vinici 2.0, since it has a dual extruders and offers a 100 micron layer thickness and is below budget. Does anyone have any input on this printer or another one that is better, within price range, offers the same build volume and layer thickness or possible even a larger build volume and thinner layer thickness, respectively?

Any input here would be greatly appreciated.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Here are just some of the other recent similar threads that may be of interest.

looking for a 3D printer. Need some help
    What's the Best 3D Printer i can purchase for $700?
    Best 3d printer under $1000
    Last edited by printbus; 11-14-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Technologist
    This is what I am using: http://www.makerfarm.com/index.php/p...extrusion.html

Keep in mind that the DaVinci uses a proprietary cartridge for filament. This greatly limits your options, not to mention greatly increases your cost of printing. They utilize an EEPROM chip to read the cartridges, and they are known to report that you are out of filament when you still have plenty left.

There is a way to reset the EEPROM if you are set on the DaVinci though.
    Last edited by kd7eir; 11-14-2014 at 02:24 PM.