Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's the Best 3D Printer i can purchase for $700?

I was originally gonna go with the "Da Vinci 1.0" but i heard some bad reviews on it, and its filament is supposedly "not as good as PLA, and smells".
    If it makes any difference, i want a 3d printer to help my Cosplay addiction, and my first Print will be an Iron Man Helmet.
    With that said, any help?

It's filament is currently ABS. Supposedly it will soon also use PLA. That said, I bought one and it had some real extruder problems. I exchanged it (Amazon) for another, and that one arrived with a broken table (even though the box looked great). I returned it for refund. Still mulling where to go from here. It MAY be a good enough printer and I MAY just have been unlucky....

CraftBot seems nice low cost printer.

My first printer was a Davinci and i have had nothing but great luck with it.....Of course i did not use the XYZware for long before i flashed the machine over to Repetier Host.......But for the money it is a pretty solid machine once you take the time to dial it in........And once you flash it you can use any filament you want.........

Quote Originally Posted by mikenmel08 View Post
    My first printer was a Davinci and i have had nothing but great luck with it.....Of course i did not use the XYZware for long before i flashed the machine over to Repetier Host.......But for the money it is a pretty solid machine once you take the time to dial it in........And once you flash it you can use any filament you want.........
    What do you mean 'flash it'?
    and whats Repetier Host? does it cost anything?

It does not cost anything, You are flashing new firmware to your machine...... It's not hard but if done incorrectly you could mess up your machine...... And it will void your warranty with xyz.......

da vinci firmware update super easy: http://youtu.be/zTCYcLrVdiA

ok, so the Da Vinci seems to be what i may go with, should i get 1.0 or 2.0?
    and will i have to slice up an iron man helmet, or do you think it could print a whole life size one in one piece?

I have no experience with the 2.0........The 1.0 has a 7.8 inch square build platform...... You would probably have to do it in a couple parts..... You can use Cura slicer in the Repetier Host software which does a great job in my opinion and I'm pretty sure you can cut it in that software also...... Google Repetier Host and install the program first and look around. ...

play, thanks for the help everyone
    last question isnt about the printer, but how's the sanding, will i be able to completely smooth a piece out with this?

Sanding works to an extent , Google acetone vapor bath...... Between that and sanding you will get a nice finished product..... printing with abs that is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast