Close

Hybrid View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Well, after much hair pulling and teeth grinding... I found the perfect material for the tendons. 1mm Wire rope, too stiff. ... Brass braided wire... too bendy..

But, 80 pound fishing braid, now that is some strong stuff. When doubled up it is virtually unbreakable, certainly more than servos will do (that's 60 kilograms of tension these can take) so I have rewired the junior hand, and in the meantime decided to make another full size arm. The full size arm took hours... the arm pieces I printed very fast so I got some banding and this was printed on 3 printers, so the prints do look a little off as I was pushing them all to their max.

The grey small hand is all ABS, I went with all PLA for the large hand, and I have to say I prefer ABS... it sands much better and overall a much stronger material to work with (PLA gets hot and goopy when you sand it too fast) But the PLA allows for pretty damn fast printing, for me I can print in PLA much much faster if I crank it to print at 210c.Anyway, here is a pic of the new big hand using the new fishing braid and 6 x MG996R servos.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com