Close

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Hybrid View

Student
    Add jakers181008 on Thingiverse
    Also forgot to add, that the z Trigger now works but x Doesn't so it's the Board??

Quote Originally Posted by jakers181008 View Post
    Also forgot to add, that the z Trigger now works but x Doesn't so it's the Board??
    You might want to check your configuration.h settings for:

const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop

It looks like the logic is backwards. I think the way you have yours configured versus how the switches are wired is backwards. But I'll let PrintBus see if that is true.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Yes, the settings were/are inverted. I was taking advantage of that in seeing how things were reading with no switches pressed. For now let's get the connections straightened out and then we can correct the inversion.

Student
    it's currently set to :

const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

and there isnt any markings on the board, but it is set up to X, Y and then Z in that order from left to right starting on the furthest left pins

Student
    made that change in the config as roxy said, getting this:
    x_min: TRIGGERED
    x_max: TRIGGERED
    y_min: open
    y_max: open
    z_min: TRIGGERED
    z_max: open

Quote Originally Posted by jakers181008 View Post
    made that change in the config as roxy said, getting this:
    Careful here! That wasn't a code suggestion. That was a cut and paste of my settings!!! I just wanted you to know what I was talking about!!!

Senior Engineer
    Post some pictures of your board or links to it with the stepper drivers removed. Pictures of your stepper driver boards too. Pictures in general can lead to solutions, people will spot wires wrong and stuff that we can't get form your descriptions.

Student
    While unplugging everything and plugging it back it i found a couple of end stops in the wrong place, will test now

Student
    x_min: TRIGGERED
    x_max: open
    y_min: open
    y_max: open
    z_min: open
    z_max: open

now i'm getting this, all of the other switches work, part from x, the just stays triggered....

also the motors now move park from x for obvious reasons
    Last edited by jakers181008; 11-17-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Student
    Hi guys been a very busy week but now working on the printer again,

I have sorted out the switch, it was a simple connector fault, replacing fixed that.

now just the X motor just makes a juddering noise sort of like a machine gun. i've increased the voltage a tiny bit but still not working, must be something to do with the acceleration? also the extruder is doing the same. just the jittering is much slower? i need to get another feeder thingy, the one that drips onto the filament and pushes it down. will go buy that today :/ didn't last long, saying that i haven't even been able ti use the motor to drip the filament :/

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast