Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Student
    Add jakers181008 on Thingiverse
    hi, same issue with all motors, sorry dont know what you mean with trimpots, the build manual was rubbish, never go with geeetech as their customer support is rubbish, anyways, yeah it's the same issue with the x and y and the extruder motors

Student
    hmmm, i've done a full rotation on the z stepper controller, but it seems to make a louder noise, and then when i do the full 360, it goes quite again, still with no luck?

Student
    i better stop with all this noise at 1:15 in the morning, will continue tomorrow

Student
    Also for the LCD in the config i can see there is a list of different LCD models and i click on all to see which one i had and it was the one i had selected before,

on another note, would you recommend me getting a different LCD? or something to help us out here?

Quote Originally Posted by jakers181008 View Post
    Also for the LCD in the config i can see there is a list of different LCD models and i click on all to see which one i had and it was the one i had selected before,

on another note, would you recommend me getting a different LCD? or something to help us out here?
    This won't be a popular post with many... But you can go on eBay and buy an old, obsolete laptop for $20. You get way better control of what is going on with a laptop running PronterFace than an LCD Panel. I have an old laptop dedicated to running my printer and I use that. I also have it setup with VNC so I can just pull up its screen on an machine I'm using to check on things.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    This won't be a popular post with many... But you can go on eBay and buy an old, obsolete laptop for $20. You get way better control of what is going on with a laptop running PronterFace than an LCD Panel. I have an old laptop dedicated to running my printer and I use that. I also have it setup with VNC so I can just pull up its screen on an machine I'm using to check on things.
    FWIW, I agree. I was hoping we could put off the pin assignment issues with the smart panel until the rest of the printer is working. Roxy - do you know of a Prusa I2 owner who might be able to help with his mechanical setup?
    Last edited by printbus; 11-15-2014 at 08:28 AM.

I don't know any i2 people. But wouldn't all the pins be the same between an i2 and i3 on a RAMP's board? All the same stuff is there and my guess is it would be connected the same way???

I don't know any i2 people. But wouldn't all the pins be the same between an i2 and i3 on a RAMP's board? All the same stuff is there and my guess is it would be connected the same way???
    We can eventually work through the pin mapping. What I was specifically thinking of were the calculations related to the steps per unit in DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT.

Jakers, it occurs to me that setting BEEPER to -1 may not disable the constant tone if your LCD panel is hardwired to a pin on the MEGA2560 that is configured to do something else. If the tone is still there, I suggest (temporarily) setting configuration.h back to the REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER so that you at least have the LCD available as a monitor without the constant noise. As requested earlier, contact your ebay seller for the display and ask if they can give you any Marlin setup information for it. We should be able to (eventually) work through it, but it'd be easier if they have info to give you. Then, you still have the action to adjust the voltage settings on the stepper motor driver boards. Once that is done we can focus on getting the motors working.

Student
    HI Roxy, i do currently do use a laptop but it is really getting to the end of it's pathetic life, so i wanted to have something that will boot up quickly and still run the printer if laptop goes dead.

Once we know the driver boards are adjusted, my plan forward is to next test the endstop switches so we know they are wired and configured in Marlin in a compatible way. One step at a time...

FWIW, I totally agree with Mjolinor on his assessment of the video. I thought the same thing (some acceleration followed by an attempt to rotate too fast) when I saw it. Once the endstop switches are tested, I'd then suggest testing motors with just the X, Y and Z home buttons in pronterface since homing speeds are totally left to Marlin. After we see motors working fine there, you'd then test with the 1, 10, and 100mm movements on Pronterface. This last testing could involve reducing manual feed rate settings in Pronterface, not Marlin.
    Last edited by printbus; 11-16-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast