Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Student
    Add jakers181008 on Thingiverse
    ALRIGHTY THEN got it working,..... unplugged it and plugged in back in. but now the board fine playing a really loud beep because there is the error on screen. so there is still the error :MINTEMP on the board now, any other suggestions? :/

The deeping is coming from the LDC shield

connected it to pronterface and came with this:

Error:0
    [ERROR] Error:0

: Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
    Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)
    [ERROR] Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

echo:SD init fail
    Last edited by jakers181008; 11-12-2014 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added pronter face

Student
    Update:

Just sent the M999 command, and this is the results:

>>>M999
    SENDING:M999
    Resend: 1
    Error:0
    [ERROR] Error:0

: Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
    Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)
    [ERROR] Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    OK, so now you're getting the MINTEMP error. This suggests the hot end thermistor isn't connected to the RAMPS board where MARLIN expects it. (MAXTEMP indicates the thermistor is shorted out, MINTEMP indicates the thermistor is open or not connected). Is the hot end thermistor plugged onto the T0 connector on RAMPS, and the bed thermistor (if you have a heated bed) plugged onto T1?

Yes, that's the area of the configuration.h the file. I'm not an expert on the hierarchy of possible controls, but my understanding is that the values starting with DEFAULT_ are what the printer will use if it has no other guidance from pronterface or the gcode file being processed. You could do a web search on each of the labels and find numerous resources where people have worked through issues on how to set them.

The bottom line is if you try to rotate the motors too fast, they won't be able to and you'll just hear them make some noise as they jerk a bit for each step without actually moving. I'm assuming that's what is happening with your motors. If you're commanding moves from pronterface, make sure the manual feedrates in Pronterface options aren't set too high or deliberately set them lower for initial testing.

On #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {78.7402,78.7402,200.0*8/3,760*1.1} // default steps per unit for Ultimaker, first of all ignore the text that says those are default values for the Ultimaker. They may be, but everyone seems to edit the values and leave the comment incorrectly there. The source of your Prusa kit actually has a Marlin build on their downloads page. I'm not saying you should use it because it is pretty dated (2012), but it is at least available as a reference. The configuration.h file in that build uses these values - #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {53.2,53.2,3200/1.25,625} // default steps per unit for NextDay. There are web resources out there that explain how these numbers are calculated. Once you have the printer working, you'll want to run some calibration prints to validate the settings and do some fine tuning, especially on the last value for the extruder steps per mm.

The other DEFAULT_ values are the same in the nextday Marlin build. Do they work? I don't know. But I run considerably lower/slower values in my prusa from MakerFarm...
    #define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {150, 150, 2, 22} // (mm/sec)
    #define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {1000,1000,5,1000} // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves.
    #define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 500 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
    #define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 500 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts

Again, you can always at least start with lower values until things seem to work and then increase them later.

Anyone with a Prusa I2 welcome to take over at any time.

I'm away from the computer and printer, but there are LEDs on the RAMPS board that indicate output states. I can't remember which LED it would be, but do you see an LED go on and off as you turn the extruder heater on and off?

Student
    Hi, please find an artistic view of my board.....

The EXT is the extruder heater wires, and the bed is well.. the bed heater wires.

i have circled the LEDs that come on when each device is activated, and have pointed them to the word, hopefully it is self explanatory

RAMPS_top.jpg

Ok. Ignoring whether the printer worked at some point... There are four small boards plugged onto the RAMPS board. One for each axis and one for the extruder motor. There's an adjustment on each that sets the drive level for the motor. Try searching the web for RAMPS stepper adjustment.

Student
    HA funny thing is i had unplugged it thinking that will solve the maxtemp..... (n00b here) anyways i will test and get back to you.

Student
    Hi, just got back to my printer and it now connects, still making that beeping noice from the lcd board, but i'm unplugged that now as that is annoying the hell out of me. so i've connected the printer with pronterface now with no errors, and while testing, the only thing that is actually working is the heated bed, got it to about 60 degrees last i checked.
    first thing, is that the extruder isn't heating up..
    second, non of the motors are working. they just make a loud noise

what have a set wrong now...? :/

Cheers

Student
    UPDATE:

Changed the board to what you have suggested, and the beeping has stopped i repeat THE BEEPING HAS STOPPED. thank alot

Also there still is no error on the LCD still says "Mendel is ready"

but when connected to pronterface, still getting the :

echo:SD init fail

would just like to thank you for you help, you have been a million times more helpful than the support people who i got the printer off of...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast