Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Add jakers181008 on Thingiverse
    Hiya, i changed it back to the other settings but it shows some details in jibberish, so put it back to the discount one, the LCD i got it from is this one here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3607855687...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT am waiting for a reply from them to see what they have to say.

And for the voltage setting on the boards, i cant seem to get it to move, they still make the noise, just make a louder noise... :/ i do a hole 360degree turn with them and they go back to low voltate

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jakers181008 View Post
    Hiya, i changed it back to the other settings but it shows some details in jibberish, so put it back to the discount one, the LCD i got it from is this one here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3607855687...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT am waiting for a reply from them to see what they have to say.

And for the voltage setting on the boards, i cant seem to get it to move, they still make the noise, just make a louder noise... :/ i do a hole 360degree turn with them and they go back to low voltate
    You can't get what to move? The voltage? Or the motor? If the latter, all we're trying to do AT THIS TIME is set up the drive level for the stepper boards. We need this done before we can move onto the next step that MIGHT get the motors working. One step at a time. Set the voltages. Don't worry about whether the motors are working.

The fact that the sound of the motors change indicates the adjustment is having an effect. If the voltage you should be measuring isn't changing while you adjust the trimpot, you're likely not measuring it correctly. And to clarify, this adjustment is something you do with the printer just sitting there, not during an attempt to move the motor.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    OK. I thought the Y driver board was still being worked on. I now see I mis-read that.

How many endstop switches do you have? I assume three?

Make sure none of the switches are being pressed. From pronterface, issue a M119 command. This will read the endstop switches, as translated through the settings in the configuration.h file. What results do you get?
    Last edited by printbus; 11-16-2014 at 12:48 PM.