Close

Hybrid View

The Replicator 2 has no HBP and is designed primarily as a PLA Printer. The Replicator 2X has a HBP and was designed primarily as a ABS Printer. People are having a lot of problems with their 2X when they try to print PLA? Something about the extruder on the 2X?

I would never buy another printer with no HBP that could not print at least ABS and PLA? I don't have one, but for ~$1000.00 less, I would seriously consider the Flash Forge over a Replicator 2. PS, We love our modified MakerBot modified Replicator XL. It has a dual extruder but after a few novelty prints when we first got it, we have never used them both on the same print. Just my .02

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    The Replicator 2 has no HBP and is designed primarily as a PLA Printer. The Replicator 2X has a HBP and was designed primarily as a ABS Printer. People are having a lot of problems with their 2X when they try to print PLA? Something about the extruder on the 2X?

I would never buy another printer with no HBP that could not print at least ABS and PLA? I don't have one, but for ~$1000.00 less, I would seriously consider the Flash Forge over a Replicator 2. PS, We love our modified MakerBot modified Replicator XL. It has a dual extruder but after a few novelty prints when we first got it, we have never used them both on the same print. Just my .02
    The PLA problem comes from the myth that PLA needs to be melted at 60c. I have PLA that won't extrude until 200c.. it all depends on the filament, I do not have 2 rolls that behave the same.