I've recently started printing exclusively from the SD card and have actually been running my machine a lot lately (if that has anything to do with my problem)

Over the weekend as soon as I started a job, the screen started showing all sorts of random characters, then at the end everything was displaying properly and showed the correct build time.

Then the very next job I printed, it had the same issue with changing random characters, but at the end of this job, the screen had a purplish hue (I'm assuming this was all characters solid) and since then, the display has not worked at all. I've tried power cycling and resetting from the button at the back.

Here is the thing, when I power on the machine, I still get the normal beeps. And I'm able to insert an SD card (with just one file) and press the center button twice to start that print and everything works properly, I've just lost my usage of the interface at the machine. I can load and unload filament using the Replicator G control panel.

Any ideas? I want to get through the jobs I've got going at the moment before I change something.
display?
button panel?
re-flash firmware?
???