Quote Originally Posted by JacobysOne View Post
Very interesting. From what I understand, Office Depot will be selling the Cube 3D Printers and have a demo going on in these stores. They ARE NOT providing a 3d printing service. I don't see why stores like this don't provide a service to people that wish to print their designs but dont' want to purchase a printer.
I think it's purely down to how long the machines take to print. It's not like a photo developer that can be done in 15 mins or less, but I do agree it would be cool and they should have some service going, even one they run the machine after hours.. but even then could you keep up with the demand? then you have to hire people to maintain the machines, run the prints, ensure they are good prints.. etc.. it's a fair bit - and we are talking multiple machines, a store would need several one would imagine. Sure, they would pay for themselves - but the cost itself would be astronomical - I would shudder to think what the end consumer price for a printed item would be after all costs are accounted for .. gulp