I bought a MakerFarm about 3 months ago and can confirm what RobH2 has said. Solid printer, cheap price, very good prints for a sub $1000 printer, complete kit (minus glass for the bed which I got from Lowe's for $2.00). But the biggest reason I purchased the MakerFarm was the hugely active userbase, tutorials, and youtube videos available to get me started. Like a full youtube series of videos by Colin at MakerFarm doing a step by step of the entire build of the kit, including setting up the software and completing your first prints. This was worth the price of the printer alone to me being a complete noob. The other big reason is the open source software and firmware which gives me a very wide range of free options for useability. I think there are better printers on the market, but just not anywhere near the $600 I spent for this one, and certainly not with the same level of beginner support.

I was looking at my first printer as a throwaway for learning about 3D printers and how it all works so I could choose my next much more expensive printer with a good amount of knowledge of what I really wanted, and what really mattered in a higher end printer. But honestly, I'm not even close to realizing the potential of this printer yet and have been very surprised with the performance level. I'm turning out prints that exceed my original expectations for prototyping small parts. Plus, it is very easily upgradeable in so many different ways with its open source design. Not a bad choice at all IMO.