Close

MetalBro BIG - HUGE, Fast 3D Printer

F&B Rapid Production has just launched an Indiegogo Campaign for a 3D printer they call the MetalBro BIG. The machine which has an enormous volume allowing for print dimensions of up to 700 x 300 x 700mm is also incredible fast, able to print at up to 600 mm/sec. Below are some additional specifications of the MetalBro BIG: http://3dprint.com/23254/metalbro-big-large-3d-printer

• Print Technology: FFF
    • Build Envelope: 700 x 300 x 700 mm
    • Layer Resolution: 50 microns
    • Positioning Precision: XY – 11 microns, Z – 0.05 microns
    • Supported Filament Types: PLA, ABA, PVA, HDPE, Nylon, TPE, Laywood, Laybrick, Ninjaflex, Gel-Lay, Lay-foam, etc

The company is looking to raise 50,000 euro, and will ship the first printers by June of next year if fully funded. More details on the is large 3D printer can be found here:

Below is a picture of the MetalBro BIG:

Engineer-in-Training
    This looks pretty nice. They only show the bigger model in the video.

"MetalBro" Sounds like a fratboy band.

The melt zone is pretty long, might not be that big of a deal, just harder to tune. I like to see a machine build a more complicated part than a cube before I consider it. That cube looked a bit rough too, which is one of the downsides for trying to go fast.

Hey JRDM,

thanks for your interested into our camping! We have a video of the MetalBro300 printing the stanford bunny, its not the most complicated model, but for sure better than the cube!

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf6Gyyap_Ek

If you have more questions, or other thoughts on our project fell free to contact us. You can either do it through this Forum ore you do that directly on our webpage: www.rapidproduction.org

Oh man this printer's build envelope is crazy ideal for what I need. I've already ordered a different 12'x12'x18' build envelope machine and I'm looking forward to it but if my plans really move forward I'd LOVE to get one of these machines in the future! Hope they're successful with their campaign.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well it doesn''t print as big as the 3dp unlimited machine. On the other hand it's half the price - on the crowdfunding site anyway.
    On the other hand you can buy a 3dp machine now :-)
    lol

But one is for sure! Everybody who supports us will have the printer by the end of 2015!
    I'll believe that when it happens :-)

Technologist
    The video of the rabbit is obviously time-lapsed and sped up. You can see the sun and clouds moving across the windows. What the heck?

Technologist
    Ok, so it says time lapse but don't we want to see the real printing speed if it can go 600?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Silly name...
    I'll believe it can do what it says when I see it - and it has to do it well.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com