Close

Hybrid View

For some reason, I love the way this printer looks. However, what exactly is the selling point on this? Why not just go out and buy a Replicator 2? Does this printer do something that current 3D Printers cant?

Quote Originally Posted by MattSteiner View Post
    For some reason, I love the way this printer looks. However, what exactly is the selling point on this? Why not just go out and buy a Replicator 2? Does this printer do something that current 3D Printers cant?
    Well basicly its a bigger build volume,
    Easyer to dissamble and transport, alot cheaper (800 dollars i believe)

And doesnt look half bad at all!
    I don't realy like the Jhead that much, since its oozing pretty much, I don't got my other hotend yet, So i can't compare it,
    But others also mentiont it that the Jhead does ooz alot more.

Also i like how they give multiple colors, So it can suit your room better ^^
    Even tho it still looks quiet prototypie as the device goes, But i guess thats also since they wanted it to be dissambled rather easily.

And it seems the prints arent bad either ^^

The question for you is now, Why pay more for a printer if you can get the same or better than a replicator ^^
    Even tho i do agree it isnt anything major like totum printer i believe it was called, that can be used for alot more diffrent things like scanning, using it as a lathe, mill and as a printer.
    But if you compare it, the replicator isnt realy innovative as the totum neither.
    Last edited by DrLuigi; 12-15-2013 at 10:47 AM.