Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse

Well, I didn't get an email but I did get a PM here from Tim Kay. He was very apologetic as to the errors in the cart and owned up to the errors. Here was part of his response:
    The actual postal charge for a tracked service to your postal address based on the weight and size of your item came to £17.85 (this was without the copperfill-see below), which by my calculations would mean that you are due a refund of $28.14, which we will round up to $35 during to currency exchange and money lost due to paypal fees.
    They were also out of the Bamboo I ordered and he subbed out CopperFill (a considerably more expensive filament) for it and promised to ship me the Bamboo (along with a Coconut sample) later once they had it in stock.

So I personally apologize if this incident has tarnished your experience with GlobalFSD, but I hope that our honesty and openness will restore some of the faith in what we believe is an exciting offering, not just for us as keen 3d printing enthusiasts, but for the 3D printing community worldwide.
    Yes, it did. I was iffy as to ordering again but I am pretty sure I will order some other filaments from them once I give these a run. As I said in my earlier post, we all make mistakes. How we respond to them really indicates who we are and where our moral compass is pointing. I don't think they could have owned it better. Tim was completely clear as to the errors and made it right as far as I am concerned.

So, now I just wait for them to arrive from across the pond

Hello everyone!

Here is something new for filaments and more for 3D bioprinting!
    We are 2, straight out of college, guys fascinated by 3D bioprinting and have developed a bioink that can be used with all the 3D bioprinters out there. If you guys could tell us your impression on our new website and webshop www.cellink.eu (Shoppink) we would truly appreciate it!

With love,

Erik Gatenholm

Hi

I thought I pop a quick post here to echo what Wolfie has said that GlobalFSD have exemplary customer service and will issue refunds and help quickly (occasionally with a reminder when email goes astray). Delivery to the UK has always been prompt and always arrives quickly.

Like others I have always found international mail a whole other problem, things always seem to get delayed in customs and track in weird ways. The key thing in this situation is the customer service of the organisation you are dealing with - I don't think you'll see better.

Chris
    PS. Just to confirm I am a satisfied customer, and not connected with the company