Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
It's weird. I've sent alot of stuff to the states, and recieved afair bit from them. never had any problems. Most things take 4-7 days. With one package at christmas taking 2 weeks and arriving christmas eve.
Also send stuff to canada regularly, again never had any issues.
Well there was the one parcel that got forgotten in a corner of my sisters local post office for a few months - but they owned up to that one.

But I use standard post, not a courier firm. Oh yeah and I always lie on the customs form. No matter what i send I put: 'confectionery and childs toy' on the not unreasonable grounds that it covers everything you can eat or play with :-)
Well you don't want to bother the customs people with unnecessary details do you ? ;-)

I have even managed to send greenery to california !
Yep fresh bayleaves picked from my tree and vacumn packed. And completely illegal :-) was quite proud of that one lol
God forbid we should cloud the issue with facts Good grief, admitting to smuggling bay leaves in an open forum. What were you thinking.

I too have received many shipments from overseas from Lasers to Disney Pins. Most have resulted in quick delivery, usually couple days and I would think the average has been around 3. Never more than a week let alone two. Just sucks to be me right now.

But, hey, I felt much better after running a couple boxes of ammo at the range. Brought the 10yr old granddaughter along and had some nice quality time with her. Helped me to unwind and simply accept that the situation isn't going to be resolved in a way where I win and get my filaments. I am left with ordering full spools one at a time I guess.