I know of a forum that was / is active, yet it rarely dealt with the Printrbot's. PrintRbot seems to have a rock solid machine with few complaints. So why post if your enjoying it? Otherwise, to get users whom want to strike up a conversation will help to make a forum active.

The only feeds I am seeing on youtube appeas that some users out there get a error from their z axis probe. That it hangs 3 inches from the build platform. Cruising through the help area of printrbot there is a notation that some of the F series boards were burning out their resistors (from too much power?). No one explained what the reasons or what they had on their printers to cause the failure. The possibility that I see is the boards may not be suitable for the amps required to control a heated bed. IE it should get a seperate controller for the bed so one does not cook the pricey controller. Then again a simple fan may help alot in this situation. Yet then you will be dealing with dust.

The forum that I know to be active is Voltivo.com . The reason for that forum to be active are all the people out there that didnt do their research and find out that the Davinci XYZ will fail after 40 or so hours as their bearing mounts are made of plastic and not metal. $10 worth of effort from the company would make their machines far better than they are presently. Yes there has been some people that have made aluminum replacement for this issue. Yet there are other areas where the printers will fall apart in time. So I feel for all these users that didnt bother to go get a PrintRbot that wont fall apart with proper use.

All this being said....

Did you know the Simple Metal is #2 on the list of the top 25 printers? This according to Make Magazine (sorry I dont have the link to the issue). The above mentioned XYZ printer came in at a dismal 24. Nice to see that Brooks got it right with the Simple in Metal.