Close

Threaded View

@Geoff: There are different types of consumer. I understand that as a consumer, you are seeking for products according to price and getting the lowest priced product is important to you. However, to new consumers I think figuring out exactly which 3d printer is best suited for them is the challenge as there are many variety of 3d printers and many variety of filaments. Using my site, you are directly dealing with the sellers in the amazon marketplace and the site actually pulls information from amazon without any markup on prices. Regardless if the site is updated to the second, the customer using our site will receive the final price while they checkout on amazon which could either be higher, lower, or the same as our listed price. I do not resell or mark up any price for a profit. For example: if my site lists a product for $100 and redirects to amazon for $90, the customer would pay that price and vise versa.

I think if you want to save money, you should contact the supplier directly. But like I said earlier, the point of FilamentX is to provide some value in the 3d printer shopping space in terms of organizing products into categories and providing useful information on 3d printing. The goal is to ultimately strive to make the shopping experience more valuable for the customer, not so much about finding the lowest cost 3d printer/products but helping the customer find the right 3d printer/products.

I hope that helps and makes more sense.
    Last edited by Bruce3D; 11-04-2014 at 12:59 PM.