Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Stingray 3D Printer - FFF, SLA, Paste, Laser Cutter & More

We've seen the all-in-one type machines before, which feature multiple modules capable of doing different tasks. Today comes a new 3D printer, called the Stingray, launching via a Kickstarter Campaign. It is unlike other machines in that it has the ability to 3D print using FFF technology, as well as print with paste, on top of being a laser engraver/cutter. Also, new modules will be added each week of the campaign, including an experimental SLA printing module. It should be interesting to see how the SLA modules works. I'm excited to see what it encompasses. Read and see more at: http://3dprint.com/22225/stingray-3d-printer/

Engineer-in-Training
    I won't back an acrylic (or wood) framed machine. I question the benefits of a "kitchen sink" machine, yielding something that doesn't excel at any one thing. Right now, I don't see a benefit with sticking with the E3D v5 hot end design when the new one is considerably nicer.
    Last edited by JRDM; 10-31-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    An increasing number of these multipurpose machines around now.

The only one I 've seen with all the heads up and working was the zmorph. Which is also metal and acrylic based.

I think they're a great iudea for the home hobbyist who doesn't has room for a full size workshop.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    An increasing number of these multipurpose machines around now.

The only one I 've seen with all the heads up and working was the zmorph. Which is also metal and acrylic based.

I think they're a great iudea for the home hobbyist who doesn't has room for a full size workshop.
    The Hyrel printer does paste, FFF and laser cutting. I don't think it does SLA (yet), but then, I don't see how this thing does that either.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    The Hyrel printer does paste, FFF and laser cutting. I don't think it does SLA (yet), but then, I don't see how this thing does that either.
    Thanks, Feign. I didn't think it appropriate for me to be the one to point that out.

And we announced both Gantry and SLA options for the System 30M on last week's broadcast, which should be available first quarter of 2015.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54546881 - should be available on ustream until mid-late November, then posted on youtube.