Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
Thanks again Roxy,
After g28 g29 the machine rests as it should in the far right corner.
There isn't enough detail here. Is it going to the back far right corner? If you use a V option on the G29 such as G29 n 3 V it will not zig zag and the last point probed should be as far from the origin as possible. Can you redo it with a G29 n 3 v and report back?

Now when I hit G28, it moves further back and right. Looks like it thinks it is home.
It would be helpful to do a G28, a G29 and then a M114 to see where the printer thinks it is at. Then do a G28 and another M114 and see where it thinks it is at. That will give us some hints about what is going on.

If I send a G x0y0 it goes to the home position, but it's not homeing (bouncing off the stops).
That would make sense. You told it to go there. Not to home there. The homing code is special. It just starts heading there waiting for a limit switch to get pressed. Then it backs off and goes back towards the switch at a slower speed. But you are not giving it a home command. And my guess is if you look, the limit switches are pressed when you go to G1 X0 Y0

If I lift z until the sensor goes out (I am using proximity sensors for z stop) it will home fine.
(It also homes fine if I don't do a G29 at all). Any ideas? I tried pretty much everything. It was working fine before.
This is new information. What happens if you turn Z_SAFE_HOMING off? I don't know what code path it would follow (because I've never had an issue like this), but I can believe that the Z Probe firing could impact the X and Y homing.