Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
Roxy, I am struggling with the z offset. After abl, without homing I move to the center of the bed and get an M114, I get 3.13mm then I lower z to zero and get a good distance. But when now homing, the z moves up
another 4mm and when doing an M114, I get 5.20mm (offset is -1.2mm). That is too far away to print, since it ads the 4mm of lift into the equation. If I change the z offset in the eeprom, it simply raises the z even higher.
Yes, that is too far away to print. But it isn't going to try to print at that height. It knows the height of the nozzle. If the zero got set correctly and the Auto Bed Leveling matrix was generated... The nozzle will get lowered when the GCode file says G1 Z.25

You might want to try that command by hand to verify that is what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
I think the pauses in the g28 and g29 are a few mms to allow the servo to move the probe when equipped.
Oh! That makes sense. It would be easy to eliminate that for you by just null-ing out the Z-Probe Engage and Retract functions. But lets not worry about that yet. Let's get it to print something in a reasonable fashion.