Looks like the printer is either powder-and-binder or PolyJet. Since Stratasys is involved, I'd bet the latter. Proprietary cartridges for the material, but that's expected from both Stratasys and from HP.

The Sprout seems to be an all-in-one with a Wacom-style tablet and a projector and I guess multiple cameras (though I only see the one above the monitor). I don't see how they get enough camera angles to "You put an object on the bed, it is scanned", most likely just a pre-rendered model that they popped up under the object. On the final product (if there ever is one) you'd likely have to rotate the object a few times to get a good scan.

Still, a projector shining on a highly accurate touchpad is kind of cute. Using some whimsical piece of HP's proprietary software is a huge turnoff from any kind of benefit this could have though. (In my own humble opinion, of course. After all, I only owned an HP laptop once. Theoretically, there could be people somewhere who actually like all that pre-loaded software that you can't reliably stop from loading on start-up and breaks unrelated drivers when it's uninstalled.)

Still, kinda cool in theory, though by the time it makes its way out of renders, it will have to compete with Project Tango...