Close

View Poll Results: How many kilograms of filament do you buy a month?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 maybe less maybe more but it evens out

2 20.00%
  • 2-4 I need options and like to print

5 50.00%
  • 5-10 multiple printers get pretty hungry

3 30.00%
  • 1 every couple months

0 0%

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    I have a total of three systems in my control. Two at school and one at home.

I actually just ordered like five rolls the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    That's awfully nice of you to try to sell him your product when all he was asking is how much people use, for a school project.

-Anyway, My printer is almost here, sometime today! It came with 2 spools of filament, so I guess whenever I use those up, I'll let ya know.

I was thinking the same thing! lol I look forward to hearing how fast you blow through that!

Quote Originally Posted by WillBe View Post
    about 2 rolls for 1 week, i only use 1.75mm pla filament because pla is no smell, abs smell a little bad.
    i use our own designing 3d printer, no brand, not for sale
    use our own pla filament, it is for sale on amazon, you can check my signature LOL
    Okay thanks a lot I'll look into that for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well as far as pla goes I've bought 4 1kg rolls.
    Used most of one and bits of the others.

I don't actually do a lot of volume printing at the moment.
    But I suspect as my list of things to print for christmas keeps growing. I'll get through a fair amount in december. The puzzle tube containers for the little bottles of sloe gin alone, will probably take a roll or two. And yes i know it's cruel - but it's the only way I can think of to make the stuff last :-)
    I've got 7 or 8 rolls of abs in various states of usage, a dozen or so samples of different materials and nowhere near as much time as I'd like to use it.

And pla does smell - get some white that prints at 220 - smells like maple syrup :-)
    Awesome about how long do you think it takes you to run through a kilogram of material? A few weeks? Maybe a month?

Maple syrup you say? I would get so hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAlabaster View Post
    I have a total of three systems in my control. Two at school and one at home.

I actually just ordered like five rolls the other day.
    Oh wow that has to take a lot of tuning to keep three systems running!! how long do you expect those 5 rolls to last you?