Close

Echoing / shadowing / blurring features

Does anyone have a problem with text or other small surface features being echoed which makes them appear blurry from a distance?

Attached below is a recent part that shows an example of what I'm talking about. The "S" is repeated several times in front of the actual feature. I have a part that that has diamond plate diamonds that are also echoed before and after the feature which really takes away from the look. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Schultz,

Did you design that part fresh, or was it converted from a 2D logo that perhaps had some shading effects?

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    That's kind of a cool effect if it was the intended effect. Once you figure out what causes that, keep that in your toolbox.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultz View Post
    Does anyone have a problem with text or other small surface features being echoed which makes them appear blurry from a distance?

Attached below is a recent part that shows an example of what I'm talking about. The "S" is repeated several times in front of the actual feature. I have a part that that has diamond plate diamonds that are also echoed before and after the feature which really takes away from the look. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Yes, and we are currently looking at it in the Flashforge Forum, Dargonfly has almost solved it on his machine, it has to do with the acceleration settings from what I've read so far.

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...n-Flashforge-)
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

This was designed by one of the other engineers that I work with in ProE and was saved as a STL and then brought into Simplify 3d for printing. It's printed on a 3DP printer.
    Last edited by Schultz; 10-28-2014 at 10:03 PM.