Close

Student

Hello Makerfarm Friends

I just received the Makerfarm 12"!! I'm pretty excited. However, I'm probably a little out of me league. I have never even seen a 3d priter before. But I must leave my cave and explore the world. After months of research I chose Makerfarm because of the comments from this forum and from a few others around the web. I decided to build from a kit instead of buying pre-built to just get to know the parts and concept better. Plus, this is turning out to awesome father daughter project. My daughter is 12 and I'm really amazed how interested she is. (I thought I was the only nerd in the family) We are probably 3/4 of the way through the build and we are not having any issues. Well.... a bearing was missing from the kit, but that is really no biggie. I just figured it was time to say hi to everyone and thank you guys for all the great threads on this site, I have been reading them like crazy!

Welcome ....

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Welcome to the forums Draled!

Sounds like you and your daughter are having a blast building your Makerfarm kit, I know I did too! Glad to hear you are enjoying the threads! I'm always amazed by the awesome community of extremely helpful and talented folks we have here, in my experience, most forums don't have that. And don't worry, there will be plenty of upgrading opportunities you'll enjoy doing after your printer is built!