Quote Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
Thanks, I went for the 10" version of the makerfarm Prusa i3

What really sold it for me was the detailed build videos. I also ordered a full graphical lcd kit from eBay, and a Meanwell 30A 12v power supply.

Now I only need to find a 10x10 glass piece for the bed. If I'm printing with PLA is it possible to just add bluetape to the bed without a glass ?
Congrats, you will love that printer, I know I do! Regarding the bed for PLA, I would personally still source glass. most Home Depot's or Lowes or any home improvement store should be able to cut you a piece for $5-10. The problems I had with mine was that the heat bed itself had a warp in it, something Colin says is to be expected on larger heat beds. My wooden bed frame too, has a slight warp to it, so printing directly onto the carriage wouldn't be advisable either. Really, the glass makes sure everything is true and flat.

One other thing I've noticed, I know a lot of people print PLA without a heated bed, and I did too on my printrbot, but I find keeping the bed around 50-60 degrees while printing PLA just makes my prints stick that much better. I found that printing PLA on a cold bed without any heat would occasionally result in curling and separation from the bed